- Visor Console [Macintoshian Achaia] — Ugh! Linked in this thread… is a terminal hack for OSX that makes your console drop down *like a console in Quake3*. Sehr cool – and I’m very tempted by it…
Tagged as: console osx quake3 shell terminal
- Caching with Ruby on Rails — Mmn. Fragment caching. I knew I didn’t want page/controller caching, was dreading this… and it all looks really rather doable. Sorted!
Tagged as: cache caching performance rails ruby rubyonrailes scaling
- frieze – the art of war — "The IDF’s strategy of ‘walking through walls’ involves a conception of the city as not just the site but also the very medium of warfare – a flexible, almost liquid medium that is forever contingent and in flux." – Fascinating article on why Isra
Tagged as: israel palestine politics psychology research warfare
- Sitening Blog » Blog Archive » How To Backup Your Mac Intelligently — I probably ought to get a copy of SuperDuper. It looks very good.
Tagged as: backup mac security
- Settings plugin — Well, that’s about an hour’s work saved, though a brief refactor could be in order…
Tagged as: abstraction plugin programming rails rubyonrails
- Table de caractères Unicode — Wow. Yes, yes, yes, definitely need this.
Tagged as: character encoding reference unicode
- Akra’s DevNotes » WordPress 2.0 Rewrite Rules — Fairly succinct explanation of the new-style url rewriting in WordPress 2.0
Tagged as: rewrite wordpress
- deviantART: Animator vs. Animation by ~alanbecker — Gorgeously gorgeously fun animation. In short: stick man versus creator, inside the Flash 8 interface. Delightful.
Tagged as: animation flash humour stickman witty
- Online charset/codepage conversion — Today’s bacon saver: character set conversion. Mmn.
Tagged as: character conversion set unicode
- The Keep-It-Clean Plan | Cleaning : RealSimple.com — I need this like it’s not funny.
Tagged as: cleaning efficiency productivity tidying
07 June 2006
A PDF transcript of my Reboot talk is now live. It’s essentially a tidied-up version of the wadge of paper I spoke from, so excuse the conversational tone. Hope you enjoy it.
- Information Architecture is Information Structure :: Off the Top :: vanderwal.net — "I am an information architect because I care about the structure of information and building things from that structure"
Tagged as: IA data markup structure